My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to Jeep but not dodge. I currently, well up until someone side swiped sending me into a pole, drive a dodge sx 2.0. So it's time for a new vehicle, and I've decided a higher SUV is in order; little cars just do well in southern alberta winters. I'm contemplating the 2011 Jeep compass because of style and price, $27,460 for a 4x4 is pretty good in my city. But I need to know, have their been any issues yet with this model, or is it to new to tell? Also should I go 4x4 or save money with FWD? I know my dad would want me in a 4x4 (he drove a 2010 dodge ram 4x4), but since he recently passed away due to a heart attack, I'm left with no advice :(. So I guess any info on jeep compass will help.

·
Registered
656 Posts
You WANT (need) 4x4.
If you want to save money get the 5-speed.
It is a wonderful transmission.
Also inquire about history of weak front end suspension components on the previous model.
Get the best warrantee offered, and good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Sorry to hear about your dad passing. I agree with i2, you will most likely need the 4x4 so I'm sure you'll end up being glad you did and yes, I, too, think you will want the best warranty you can get but really, it is too soon to tell if the 2011 models are going to prove more durable in certain respects than earlier models, but good luck with your purchase and let us know how it goes! Great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Kay welcome to the forum.......I was in your area (Banff) 2 weeks ago for a ski trip and I can tell you to go for a 4X4.......it's worth the extra money and with the winters you have you'll feel more secure on the road.

My 2 cents !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With all your advice I've chosen a 4x4, but know I have a new dilemma...what colour? I saw a black, and thought it looked really sharp (especially with the chrome grill) but I've heard black is really hard to clean, my other choices are red, dark blue, or silver....What colour do you guys think? I want to be able to keep it clean looking for at least a couple consecutive days.
Thanks again :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
With all your advice I've chosen a 4x4, but know I have a new dilemma...what colour? I saw a black, and thought it looked really sharp (especially with the chrome grill) but I've heard black is really hard to clean, my other choices are red, dark blue, or silver....What colour do you guys think? I want to be able to keep it clean looking for at least a couple consecutive days.
Thanks again :)
Black is beautiful, but you must enjoy washing and cleaning it. Dirt and dust does show, as do scratches from careless hand washing or automatic car wash brushes. Red and dark blue, not as much but still need to be washed often to look good.
Now silver (aka grey) is the colour if you don't like washing and polishing. Dirt and dust show the least on this colour. If you never wash it nobody will notice or care. (people don't notice grey cars so much - least likely to attract tickets also, red is most likely in this respect).
I am on my fifth black car - so the saying "once you go black you never go back" kind of holds true.
oh ya, I also have a red Triumph, but I have had it since '76 so it predated my run of black cars.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I agree with i2, silver really is the best color for the reasons already mentioned, doesn't show dirt/dust, safer for police/insurance purposes, but also hides scratches/blemishes better, too. I'm on my second silver vehicle and I guess I'm going to stick with it lol.

- Cherokee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts