My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Nice looking package, a bit too much chrome for my liking, but new is always nice,
Not for me . . . no standard transmissions . . . only available as automatic,

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
The Terrain is not bad looking I don't think. One of the things that disappointed me a bit about the Compass at introduction, and yes, I know they did it that way to reduce price and whatnot, but they really de-contented the vehicle. You practically had to put all the options/features back in, but manufacturers now seem to be figuring out how to include more standard features without having to jack up the price exponentially.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, for my money all those over the top options are a scam. Most of them you hardly ever use. My neighbor has heated seats, mirrors and tons of other krap in his Jaguar and he don't even remember how to turn them on half the time.:confused: So how much of the 65K cost is he really utilizing? :rolleyes: I think the basic Compass comes with enough stuff to satisfy most practical customers. I don't have the GPS feature but I plan to add a Tom Tom for $60 from Radio Shack.:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Isn't the new Terrain actually the old Pontiac Torrent? With a new body style, of course.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uh Oh! You mean sort of like is the Compass really a Patriot with new skin, built on a Caliber chassis?:D

Let's not go there!:eek:

JEEP POWER!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You know seriously, I think where Toyota and Honda SNAFU'ed was becoming so jaded that their cars were the best in the industry (and perhaps they were at some time) they got complaisant over the years and dropped the ball on supervision both in the design stage and manufacturing process. They will recoup in time but the stgma created by the media will knock them down from the top rung. The first new car I ever purchased was a Datsun wagon in 1966 followed by a Datsun 2000 roadster in 70. Those were without a doubt the best mechanical cars I have ever owned. They were extremely well made with precission parts and body that you had trouble denting with a hammer. I wish I had my roadster with me as new today. Course I love my Compass baby and she will more than do me at this stage of the game.:)

Speaking about cars, look at these fine "model" cars and go back to yesterday when cars meant well "cars".:-D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157604247242338/show/with/2346008881/

·
Registered
59 Posts
The first new car I ever purchased was a Datsun wagon in 1966 followed by a Datsun 2000 roadster in 70. Those were without a doubt the best mechanical cars I have ever owned. They were extremely well made with precission parts and body that you had trouble denting with a hammer. I wish I had my roadster with me as new today. Course I love my Compass baby and she will more than do me at this stage of the game.:)

Speaking about cars, look at these fine "model" cars and go back to yesterday when cars meant well "cars".:-D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157604247242338/show/with/2346008881/
LOL! I was a Datsun freak when I was younger, my first new car was a '69 510 2 door, which by '71 I had heavily modified it as I was into Pete Brock racing and 2000cc and under trans am racing.I was a member of the "Inland Empire Datsuns" car club in Calif. I bought many different Datsuns through the years, and enjoyed them all!
I apologize for the hijack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts