My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 07 compass with 92,000 miles at a real good price.my wife is a part time mail carrier and her blazer is costing us big time lately! with being part time a rhd jeep is to much money right now.i was wondering how you would think the cvt tranny would hold up for this "abuse".or if there is any other concerns or things I should look for when I look at it.thanks for any help or ideas.
adam

·
Registered
19 Posts
If it comes with a sun roof confirm it doesn't leak. From what I learned it was common issue in early models. Run water with a hose over it. My wife and I purchased an 07 compass limited for her just over a year ago. A day after we brought it home it rained and water started dripping from the lights near the sun roof. Lucky for us the dealership we bought it from was kind enough to replace the seal and adjust the sunroof for a proper seal at no cost. Everything has been fine since.

Haven't had any drive train issues. In the winter it would stalled twice when It was really really cold. the Stalls would only happen if I just jump in and drive vs letting it sit for a minute or two before taking off.

My wife uses the compass as her daily driver. 15-20 miles round trip everyday.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I found a 07 compass with 92,000 miles at a real good price.my wife is a part time mail carrier and her blazer is costing us big time lately! with being part time a rhd jeep is to much money right now.i was wondering how you would think the cvt tranny would hold up for this "abuse".or if there is any other concerns or things I should look for when I look at it.thanks for any help or ideas.
adam
Run as fast as you can.

The 2007 is one of the worst builds with numerous problems. The only way it may be ok and maybe if the entire front end was rebuilt (Lower A arm with ball joint, inner/outter tie rods, struts front and back), alternator fails by 100k or much earlier, CVT is extremely expensive repair as well.

Most off the above need to or will wear out again fairly quickly especially if dealer parts are used. The quality is very poor which is the big problem. Later years are better but still weak areas. My 2009 has spend dozens of times in shop for repairs, thankfully most covered by the warranty.

whatever you get it for expect to spend it again in repairs within a year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 07 jeep has 103k miles, only problem I've had out of it is I can't figure out how to point the headlights up. It's been a great ride but the family is growing and we are probably looking to upgrade to another bigger SUV.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
They maybe fixed within the base. Much like my Grand Cherokee. I can only adjust left to right and not up/down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts