My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other week, I happened to noticed that the trim piece on my rear hatch door is cracked vertically, all the way through. It is that trim piece that says Jeep on it and is just above the license plate, covering the handle. There is no other damage so it wasn't hit with anything. The only reason I noticed it was because my car is dirty and the road salt/dirt highlighted the crack. Anyone else have this happen? I wonder if it has anything to do with the cold temperatures? It'll be covered under warranty I'm sure, so I'm not worried about that....just curious if it has happened on anyone else's car.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just noticed today I have a crack on that plastic piece with the word Jeep on it too. Not sure how that happened.

Is it merely a coincidence we're both from Saskatchewan? I wonder if the cold winter temps have anything to do with it? Hmmm....

Did the dealer fix yours?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Sorry, I haven't been back to the forum for quite a while now so I just saw your reply and question now. Anyway, I haven't been to the dealer yet but it is good to know that mine isn't the only one. Especially, since we are both from the same locale. I would guess that it has to do with the cold as well. Probably even has to do with having to slam the hatch 5 or 6 times to get it to close in the cold. :roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts