My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting the two stock rear wheel bearings replaced in my compass tomorrow. I lost one bearing at 40 k and jeep replaced. Now the other one is gone at 80k. I am going to use a MOOG 512333 REAR WHEEL BEARING AND HUB ASSEMBLY

Why does Jeep use this sub par crap ? I hear many people are having them go bad. Damn car makers dont give a rats ass anymore for the quality of there parts. I NEVER HAD any bearings go bad in my 87 wrangler. I wonder how long it will be before my front bearings go bad

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I don't know what year you have but watch out for hanging seizing brake calipers as well. Mine hung and wore the inner pad to the rotor taking them out. I had a mechanic change it since I wanted the line blead properly. He said a lot of them are doing that including Caravans. Cheap parts, my WJ Grand Cherokee had original calipers to 300k when I sold it. LOL

Expect more until its all replaced. Timkin makes an excellent bearing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have my new bearings in my Jeep now. A nice set of MOOG rear hubs, and what a differance. The car no longer GROWLS going down the road, nice and quite. I will be replacing the fronts next I think

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
How was it to actually replace them. I have done other vehicles but not these yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts