My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time the weather gets over 75 to 80 degrees my 2012 Compass always makes an awful and embarrassing creaking noise coming from the rear suspension. I have had my wife push on the back of the vehicle while I was looking under it, but it is hard to locate the noise. It almost sounds like the struts are making the noise but I can't be 100% sure. Has anyone ever had this same experience with their compass? Also when I took it into the dealer they just told me that compasses are known for making these type of noises, and that it's normal. I don't trust them because my buddy had a compass and it never made noises. It's frustrating, and I just want to get to the bottom of it. Thanks in advance for the guidance.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Normal does not equal it right. Just an excuse not to do anything. If its under warranty for that you want them to fix it. If not some parts will be needed. Could even be rust and/or bushings separated where it pivots. I replaced some of mine as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the same problem. Mine happened when I thought it would be a good idea to spray silicone spray in all of the rubber bushings. By doing this it made the problem even louder so I wouldn't recommend you do that. I took my sway bar apart and put grease in it and it seemed to help. My compass only makes noise over large bumps when I am going slow eg. speed bumps. Sway bar would be the easiest and cheapest place to start

·
Super Moderator
559 Posts
Most likely your rear lower control arm bushings are worn out and need to be replaced

·
Registered
26 Posts
so I talked to my mechanic and he said to spray the back end with Jig-A-Loo and I thought to myself that it wouldnt do anything since I already tried silicone spray. I already had a can of jigaloo at home so I sprayed the living **** out of everything in the back end and to my surprise a few days later it worked itself in and I haven't heard any creaking from the back end in weeks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Most likely your rear lower control arm bushings are worn out and need to be replaced
I have a Jeep Compass with the same problem loud squeaking and it’s not the control arm bushings cause mine were replace last week and the squeaking got louder I also replaced front and back breaks bearings and nothing fixed it so far but I’m pretty positive it’s my struts so when I get them replaced I’ll let u know if the horrible sound goes away!

·
Registered
2012 Jeep Compass with Freedom Drive II
7 Posts
I have a Jeep Compass with the same problem loud squeaking and it’s not the control arm bushings cause mine were replace last week and the squeaking got louder I also replaced front and back breaks bearings and nothing fixed it so far but I’m pretty positive it’s my struts so when I get them replaced I’ll let u know if the horrible sound goes away!
Do you know where I can get struts for my Jee? It’s a 2012 Jeep Compass with the Freedom Drive II Package, and everywhere I look up says not for use with the off road package.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts