My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the 2018 jeep compass latitude. Id like to get cross bars but mopar wants $300 for a set of 2!! Since the rails are flush with the roof I haven't had any luck finding some universal ones that will fit, but I'm just going by descriptions. I'd like to find some of the straight ones that hang over the roof some. Has anybody found any aftermarket ones that don't cost $300!

·
Registered
47 Posts
The eBay ones suggested lose about 6 inches of rack space because of the knobs. I have the Mopar ones. Super nice... Probably some after market ones fit but no one has tried them out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was looking at the ebay ones too. It's unfortunate you loose some space with that knob. But for only $120 vs $275+ I might go that way. I also miss the old roof rails that were raised. These new flush mount ones seems less useful.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I recently purchased the 2018 jeep compass latitude. Id like to get cross bars but mopar wants $300 for a set of 2!! Since the rails are flush with the roof I haven't had any luck finding some universal ones that will fit, but I'm just going by descriptions. I'd like to find some of the straight ones that hang over the roof some. Has anybody found any aftermarket ones that don't cost $300!
I'm not sure where you are located. I have a brand new set of the Mopar roof rack rails in my garage. I have them up for sale on Facebook, but no hits. I do NOT have the box for them...I'd planned on mounting them but I'm soon trading in the Compass. They are new, never mounted, with keys and manual and all the things. I'm in SE Wisconsin.

Reactions: 10-64

·
Registered
209 Posts
but I'm soon trading in the Compass
When are you picking up the Rubicon Recon?
Did you get the Compass back from the body shop yet?

Reactions: Mudman1

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm not sure where you are located. I have a brand new set of the Mopar roof rack rails in my garage. I have them up for sale on Facebook, but no hits. I do NOT have the box for them...I'd planned on mounting them but I'm soon trading in the Compass. They are new, never mounted, with keys and manual and all the things. I'm in SE Wisconsin.
if you still have them in the first week of June send me a message I will buy them. I will be driving through chicago to Devil's Lake state park.

·
Registered
190 Posts
When are you picking up the Rubicon Recon?
Did you get the Compass back from the body shop yet?
Not yet! Goes into paint tomorrow. I'm hoping to do the deal at the end of next week.

·
Registered
190 Posts
if you still have them in the first week of June send me a message I will buy them. I will be driving through chicago to Devil's Lake state park.
I'll do my best to remember. Note that from the interstate I'm four hours north of Chicago straight line driving.

For what it's worth, I'd let them go for $175 plus shipping. If someone came by my place and picked them up, $150. I paid $251 for them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a question:

I bought this set of crossbars for my compass and just got them. https://www.ebay.com/itm/172851329373?rmvSB=true

On my Compass siderails, there seem to be small little pegs that are inserted into the holes on the side rails. best way to take them out? Flat head screwdriver?

Sucks they dont come with instructions but I guess thats on me for going the cheap route. lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a question:

I bought this set of crossbars for my compass and just got them. https://www.ebay.com/itm/172851329373?rmvSB=true

On my Compass siderails, there seem to be small little pegs that are inserted into the holes on the side rails. best way to take them out? Flat head screwdriver?

Sucks they dont come with instructions but I guess thats on me for going the cheap route. lol
You've probably figured it out by now, but they can be unscrewed by applying light pressure on the outside edge and rotating counter clockwise. I bought these ALAVENTE cross bars off Amazon and they fit really well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts