My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Crossbars

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Bigcoug 
#1 ·
Does anyone own these crossbars? If so could you post pics and your thoughts on them? Am interested in a set to install a roof basket. I’ve seen other posts about limited weight capacity, and I’m ok with it, it’s mostly for the looks. Also looking to install one of those retractable awnings. I’m also aware it’ll sit pretty low since the compass isn’t very high, even with the extra TH height.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have the OEM crossbars paired with a Thule Canyon XT. I plan on buying the extension soon and adding a permanent toolbox up there. So far the most I've put it in filled Grizzly 100 cooler, 2 15lb charcoal bags and 5 10lb bundles of wood. I'd guess the cooler weighted at least 80 pounds, so all in all a minimum of 160lbs in the basket. Everything seems to be fine, didn't notice any sag anywhere. I didn't take a picture and now kinda wish I did lol.

Attachments

#3 ·
Also looking to install one of those retractable awnings. I’m also aware it’ll sit pretty low since the compass isn’t very high, even with the extra TH height.
"Extra" TH height, lol, all 0.5 inches of it 😆

Not only will the awning not be very high... seems like it won't be very wide either? The roof of the Compass is not very long at all. The tailgate opens almost all the way to the antenna so you don't get to use the last 10 inches or so at the back of the roof, leaves you like 5ish feet and anything much beyond that starts sticking out beyond the top of the windshield, might look a little goofy. Maybe try to find one of those ones that fan out so the length doesn't have to be too long? 🤷‍♂️

#4 ·
Yup had those for over a year now. Love em. I put a big basket up top and it carries a lot. Also put paddle board carriers up top. Only one issue. The rubber filler pieces that go in the bottom slots ( because it’s adjustable). Would not stay in and I lost them the first week. Because of this, the whistling was horrible. I didn’t feel like waiting for molar to send more just to have the same thing happen a few days later. Top rubber pieces are fine. I put aluminum tape on the bottom slots and all is right with the world again. No issues what so ever. See my profile pics if you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.