My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Compass Sport [2.4L / FWD]
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering if anyone has come up with this issue. We have a 2015 Jeep Compass Sport FWD.

Cruise Control was not working, so I got a replacement switch and I thought that fixed the issue. Well it did, but it didn't. I realized cruise control is only working with the steering wheel turned >45⁰.

I am inclined to think the previous switch was good and if I turn the wheel >45⁰ it would work as well (will try replacing it with the old one to confirm). Has anyone had this issue?

·
Administrator
2,197 Posts
I hadn't discovered your 45⁰ trick, but my 2014 Patriot has a similar problem. I've linked it to a different set of degrees. Mine seems to function fine when the weather is cooler. When it gets above 60⁰ then it tends not to work. Works fine in the wintertime, though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm wondering if the clockspring is the issue since turning the wheel makes it work. When I say it doesn't work I mean the activation of it; toggling on/off. Try turning the wheel and let me know if it works.

·
Administrator
2,197 Posts
I'm wondering if the clockspring is the issue since turning the wheel makes it work. When I say it doesn't work I mean the activation of it; toggling on/off. Try turning the wheel and let me know if it works.
Wifey's driving it today, but I'll try that next time it fails. Please tell me a little more. So you turn the wheel to 45⁰ -- does that mean you have to drive in circles the rest of the day??? Or do you turn the wheel while parked and then turn on the cruise control?

Does anyone recall if Compasses were recalled for a clockspring repair? I had something that got recalled for this -- maybe it was my Wrangler.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wifey's driving it today, but I'll try that next time it fails. Please tell me a little more. So you turn the wheel to 45⁰ -- does that mean you have to drive in circles the rest of the day??? Or do you turn the wheel while parked and then turn on the cruise control?

Does anyone recall if Compasses were recalled for a clockspring repair? I had something that got recalled for this -- maybe it was my Wrangler.
I turn the wheel while parked. Or if I'm on the road and I have to do a U-turn I take that chance to toggle it on. It's the only way I've noticed I can toggle it on/off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts