My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anything that can be done to fix the curb rash on my chrome wheels?.. i live in canada and have no clue on who to talk to that might be able to repair the scrape on the rim... im so sad

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ya if you get a curb mark on a chrome rim the only thing you can do is have it re-finished. The concrete has taken off the top layer surface and more than likely gouged the metal. The gouges will need to be repaired/ground out then the surface re-chromed and polished.

Also check to make sure the rim hasn't been bent!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thnx for the feedback... no bend i hope..its just a graze, but i can notice it... it happened at a drive thru doing like 1km.. pathetic day that im gonna kick myself over for a while... the frustrating problem is i cant find anyone in toronto that can fix this.. every shop i call says no one in T.O chromes.. doesnt make sense...i dunno i hope someone will hook me up with a link..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Try body shops or tire shops. They have to have some place they send the rims out to for repair. Insurance companies always want refinish/repair done, never replace. :)

There are lots in Winnipeg who do it and we are a lot smaller of a city

1 - 5 of 5 Posts