My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what size speakers fit into the dash. I semi removed the covers, but not completely sure what size they are.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you give tips on the order of removal of the components to gain access to the dash speaker area?

Crutchfield.com shows 1" and 7/8" speakers as the replacement size.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No wiring harness...must run wires. A-pillars have square tabs..remove. Unsrews bolts under the tab and pull out A-pillars. Pry off speaker panel and the whole upper dash comes out in one piece. Enjoy!

·
Registered
205 Posts
No wiring harness...must run wires. A-pillars have square tabs..remove. Unsrews bolts under the tab and pull out A-pillars. Pry off speaker panel and the whole upper dash comes out in one piece. Enjoy!
For those thinking about removing the panel. While the panel is off try to look for noisy parts like clips, wires flat surfaces and such. If you have some sound deadening material, apply some of this on the panels. This will help eliminate dreadful noise coming from vibrations caused by speakers played loudly. I will be doing mine this weekend. I'll go ahead and take pictures and post them for everyone to see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts