My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My C2011's interior is black and the top of the dashboard below the window is a good 1.5' wide so it can get really hot when sitting outside even for short periods. This doesn't help the A/C.

Will a light colored cover help and if so where might one be gotten that fits right?

Tks

·
Registered
131 Posts
Of course will help A/C. Black surfacer "traps" more light.

But..... a cover ..... mmmm i really dont like them.

regards

:wjeep:

·
Registered
23 Posts
i purchased one for my compass it's black to match the interior so it doesn't seem cooler but it softens the interior feel. I placed a picture of it in my garage.
Dean G.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dean, where did you get it?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Windshield reflector

You can pickup a foil windshield reflector for a few bucks. Even dollar stores sell them. They reflect everything.

A light colour on the dash becomes a visibility problem. You'll see the reflection in the windshield and make driving unsafe. That is one reason the majority are black. Just put a sheet of paper or other items and you'll see them depending on where they are placed but do reflect.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agree tripplec

Thanks all

Topic can be closed

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dash Protection

Hi,

I had my windshield done with UV protection film. My Compass sits outside and also has dark interior.

It is not tinted and you cannot see it but it sure does help keep the interior cooler and it also helps when driving as you don't get that hot when your are driving in the sunlight.

"G"

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
G, would you mind telling about the $ for the UV film

·
Registered
61 Posts
Cost

Hi,

I had this done about a year ago and it was around $125 CDN, if I recall correctly. As I mentioned, my Jeep sits outside all four seasons and the summer it can get hot out. I had my driver and passenger side tinted to legal specs and had the film put on in windshield about 6 months later after researching around a bit.

"G"

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts