My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 2011 Compass in 5/11. Paid $3,000 for a 7/100K extended warranty (which I thought was thru Chrysler)... it wasn't. It was issued by a company called Zurich.

Today I got an offer from Chrysler to buy a 7/100K warranty on my Jeep. Price for their "maximum coverage" was only $2,495. The policy from Zurich (which only gives me "standard" (i.e. much less coverage than Chrysler) covered fewer components. So... I paid $500 MORE for an extended warranty that gives me LESS coverage than a genuine Chrysler extended warranty. I'm a bit pissed off !!:mad:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yeah I noticed that when I got the Chrysler offer in the mail. I could not believe it. I feel for you.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Same thing happened to me with my truck. Finally, I went through the hassle of canceling the extended warranty I bought at time of purchase and went with the Chrysler lifetime MaxCare warranty. I've used it once since then and am so glad I decided to do it, well worth the little extra headache to get what I should have gotten the first time, lesson learned lol.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
They must do that (sending extended warranty offer in the USA, not in Canada).

Have a talk with the owner/manage of the dealership. Demand and explanation and why the warranty was NOT a Chrysler package. You had no idea that it was a 3rd party offering from the sales dept. Maybe he need to have stern talk with his sales people. Fire a few....

Then get the one canceled and buy the Chysler product.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you haven't used that warrnaty you can request a refund. I work in the auto industry at the dealer level for 33 years and see it all the time people come back and cncel the policy. I will say one thing for Zurich. They are a very good company to deal with. They don't hassle us about claims. Some of these warranty companies do everything they can not to pay. I would try to see if you can get a refund. I would also check the fine print on the Chrysler contract as well a Zurich about deductibles, loaner cars etc. Make sure yoy are compareing apples to apples first.

·
Registered
19 Posts
when i purchased my new compass in 2012..i got thew same thing from salesman...I happen to be in another city and dropped into a jeep dealership, on an unrelated issue, only to have a sales lady tell me that the extended warrenty I bought was a rip off...warrenty didn't have to use mopar parts among other things..anyway when I got back home I canceled the warrenty..jeep was bought in Richmond BC Canada

1 - 6 of 6 Posts