My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am the proud new owner of a 2019 trailhawk and am looking into personalizing it a little. I have thought about adding a 1.5” lift kit, painting the stock rims all black, adding black diagonal hood stripes (like the first pic), and adding a brush guard (like the second pic). The last pic shows my new white trailhawk

·
Administrator
1,879 Posts
I like the diagonal stripes. Very snazzy.

Brush guard is nice if you're going off-road. However, you'd do well to add a skid plate and maybe consider doing something with the lower edge of the front fascia. I did some logging roads last weekend and that front edge scraped every time I hit a rut. No, I wasn't tearing up the trail; I was being prudent. As they say, this is the car I'd be driving home, so I wasn't taking any unnecessary risks.

·
Registered
2018 COMPASS TRAILHAWK
32 Posts
this is my 2018. I added the stripes and swapped the wheels, as well as a few other cosmetic changes

Hello all, I am the proud new owner of a 2019 trailhawk and am looking into personalizing it a little. I have thought about adding a 1.5” lift kit, painting the stock rims all black, adding black diagonal hood stripes (like the first pic), and adding a brush guard (like the second pic). The last pic shows my new white trailhawk
View attachment 15471 View attachment 15472 View attachment 15473

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Stuff for looks and personalization, go nuts.

Not sure the lift is worth it. You put the longevity of suspension parts and CV axles at risk with a lift and you can't really run a big huge tire on this car anyways no matter what, lift or no lift. This car typically runs out of power and gearing before ground clearance even comes into play.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stuff for looks and personalization, go nuts.

Not sure the lift is worth it. You put the longevity of suspension parts and CV axles at risk with a lift and you can't really run a big huge tire on this car anyways no matter what, lift or no lift. This car typically runs out of power and gearing before ground clearance even comes into play.
Good point! My dad talked me out of lift pretty quick. I have decided to wait until it needs new tires and then putting some nice, tough looking tires on it, and having the rims professionally painted black

1 - 5 of 5 Posts