My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if you didn't, there is a good chance that you will! From my experience and studying up on the situation, a lot of folks are getting the dreaded red lightning symbol light on the dash along with a loss of power ( limp mode )! Sometimes you can temporarily help this by shutting down with the key off, then restarting. However, this seems to get worse and more frequent. Codes really don't come up except P2173, which doesn't tell you much.
In my case I went ahead and replaced the Electronic Control Body, which seems to be the internet/utube solution @ $250, and we will see what happens.
So far approx. 60 miles with several on off cycles, and all appears to be normal.
Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I would keep it in mind. I'm OK so far after 125 miles . Perhaps others will chime in if they have also done this!

·
Registered
71 Posts
subscribed for further info.

hasnt happend to me yet but im sure it will

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
Have only ever seen it twice, and both times it was when doing some rather severe offroading.

Youtube video of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxEyUTmq-J0

Only happens in the first part, I was kinda bogged down and stuck, but ended up getting out, was in a field in deep snow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts