My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rented a 2022 Jeep Compass. It was great for one day then the next day was very cold. So started the vehicle while in the vehicle with the remote feature just to see how it works. While waiting for the vehicle to warm up tried to use the windshield wash and wipers. They would not work. Then shut down the car by pushing the button. Restarted the car by pushing the start button. The wipers worked then. Drove to the store. Then the rest of the day the car would not stop. The engine would stop, but the electrical power remained on and the dash reported the transmission was not in park and it would not start. The dash did display the P symbol saying the transmission was in park, but some box in the car (probable the VCM) would not let the car shut down. It appears the transmission told the dash it was in Park but the VCM (vehicle control module) thought the transmission was not in park.

The solution was to disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for an hour then reconnect. Everything is fine now.

The funny part was the LED lights stayed on for 30 minutes after the battery was disconnected. I do believe it is a software issue in the VCM or VCU.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts