My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4. This morning I had to jump it. This afternoon at lunch, I had to jump it again. The battery IS 5 years old. I was trying to find out what kind of battery is in it to see if there is a pro-rated warranty on it, but can't find that info anywhere. Can anyone tell me 1) What kind of battery comes in the 2007 Jeep Compass and does it offer the pro-rated deal? and 2) Did you have to replace your battery after 5 years?

There's no corrosion and everything looks in order. Thanks for the help!

:spinning:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Again 36 views and no reply, nice of people to help.

Ok, first off the Group size on the battery is 86.
2nd is 5 yrs on a original OEM battery is pretty good, I just changed mine a few month ago. The battery is way out of warranty so there is no pro-rated deal on it. Even a DieHard Gold battery at Sears I think is not pro-rated at 5 yrs. So go get a new one. I work at Sears but I got mine at Sam's Club, their Duracell battery had the same CCA and warranty as DieHard but was 40% cheaper.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I agree, 5 years is a good life for an OEM battery. Not sure where you live, but AutoZone also sells a good battery, Duralast Gold, 8 year warranty, 3 year free replacement and they will test/charge it for you at no cost, as well as your starting and charging system but does sound like it's time to replace it.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The only warranty thats any good is the replacement part of a warranty. If reasonable get one with a long replacement cost warranty. Pro rated drops like as stone in time and is calculated on SRP. Most of the time you can buy and new battery outright cheaper than what allowance you get.

CCA is also important and if you can get a bigger CCA battery since it will also last longer as well as supply more power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I went to Sears after work and they tested the battery and sure enough, it was bad. They had told me over the phone they had one for $60, but when I got there, the salesman convinced me I needed the $100 battery instead. The $60 was tiny, so I went ahead and got the $100 one. So far, so good! I love my Compass and plan to drive it until the wheels fall off, so I'm sure y'all will be hearing from me again. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Ok the 60 -100 move. LOL

Way to go at least you're cranking with a 100.....

LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts