My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm a little weird with my cars but I'm a clean freak about them. I wash them as often as I can and that could be everyday if the time allows. It's harded in fall and winter becasue it gets dark so soon. The one thing that annoys me with my 2009 Compass is the chrome knob on top of the shifter gets fingerprints and smeared from your hand. I keep a microfiber towel in the cup holder and am constantly wiping it off. Does anyone else find this annoying or have anything that they do to theirs that they might seem strange.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I feel the need to constantly look for new accessories and make mine different from everyone else's. I don't know if that's a good obsession or not.

·
Registered
656 Posts
That special microfiber towel is a bit eccentric to say the least . . .
Me - I won't let a parking lot jockey park my car, won't even leave my keys with them, rather walk blocks or risk a ticket then let them drive my car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Maybe we all suffer form "OCD". Obsessive Compass Disorder. You think Obama can get this covered in his healthcare plan?

·
Registered
169 Posts
:lol: well, I have an odd obsession. Ever since i got my compass, I can't stand to see it clean. I just love to get my car dirty ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
I tend to park next to landscape "islands" in parking lots. The spaces tend to be a little larger. I park hard up against the curb so that any cars that pull in next to me have as much room as possible to open their doors without hitting my Compass. Also as people can only park on one side it cuts the odds in half.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
CL............I do the exact same thing for the same reasons............bluntly
I don't trust a lot of drivers out there...........

·
Registered
10 Posts
:lol: well, I have an odd obsession. Ever since i got my compass, I can't stand to see it clean. I just love to get my car dirty ;)
I love having it full of mud...but the interior has to be really clean...so i always end up cleaning my car's interior because i drag mud in it

btw what seat/floormats shampoo do you find works the best??

^^^^^^^^^^(it has to be available in canada) ^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well honestly, I just take the floor mats to a spray-it-yourself car wash and I just use 4-oh-9 on my seats with paper towels. Not to good on any of the paneling though. :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
Sometimes I wish we could have "washable" floors, like Jeep-Jeeps, but, then again, carpeting is nice too.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I tend to park next to landscape "islands" in parking lots. The spaces tend to be a little larger. I park hard up against the curb so that any cars that pull in next to me have as much room as possible to open their doors without hitting my Compass. Also as people can only park on one side it cuts the odds in half.
I do that too, but didn't realize it was an obsession until now! Yes, my old Compass is ding free and I hope to keep it that way too. You should see my '04 Neon though, it's the opposite..

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
J2........I don't call it an obsession...........I call It being wise !!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts