My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just wondering what some of you might of put your jeep thru for offroading i know there not meant for rock climbing and logs and stuff but what have you put your thru?

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
in winter in the Montreal area where there is snow...............and have fun with it !!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im in nb we get lots of snow here too but im wondering about the trails thru the woods, do they handle good for a lil mud or is it best to stay off the trails that are pretty mucky?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm still looking to find somewhere to go offroading in Ontario...near the Greater Toronto Area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I guess it was when me

I guess it was when me and dad came across a rocky mountain which we thought would be a nice track but then late in the afternoon we found out it wasn't nice at all especially when a heavy rain starts to fall.:wjeep:

·
Registered
308 Posts

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Keep in mind that the Compass is NOT Trail Rated..................but it does move well in snow...........from past experience.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went from a Yukon that I had for 10 years to a 2009 Compass. The Yukon needed tires, brakes on both axles and the AC compressor needed replacement. I would v
have had to invest about $3 to $4 to get the Yukon up to par.The gas mileage was a great motivator also because I was forecasting higher gas prices for the future (I was right). At the time Chrysler was offering a $3k rebate, so I went for it. I go out to the dessert often in pursuit of quail, chuckar partridge and coyotes. Rocks and soft sand are frequent on these dirt roads. After a couple weeks of frequent rain I went out for quail. On a road I have been on several times. We got into a really bad rock section, there was no place to turn back so we kept going. Long stretches of rocks, a muddy flooded section of a couple of hundred yards and some loose sandy stretches. I was very pleasantly surprised that my little Compass got us throug it all. I lost a tire on this trip and since then I bought some Yokohama tires that are much more durable than the Firestones that came with the Compass. These Yokohama tires are an SUV type tire and the only I've found in the small size I needed. I only wish the Compass had more ground clearance and I'm thinking of lifts but I concerned about the lifetime warranty. Will lifts nullify the warranty?

·
Registered
41 Posts
On my research trips out on the Great Plains of kansas, Nebraska, and the Dakotas, my 2011 4wd Compass with CVT and street tires did very well on some pretty rutted gravel ranch roads. I even drove it a bit off-road through open prairie grass. Didn't have to do much slope except for one time near Castle Rock in Kansas when I lost the road and found myself on a ridge 30 feet above the ranch road I needed. Grade was about 25-30% and I was able to get down crawling in 1st gear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a lift on my compass and it has not caused be any problems except for both front lower ball joints but no problems since. When it comes to Warranty , Jeep let my pass that issue with the ball joints but said it should not have passed. If you add the lift your mileage will become about 28mpg hwy. If you stay around 65mph on a normal day.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I have a 2007 compass and I do not do a lot of off roading, but I do take it to the beach. I am in Texas and we are allowed to drive on the beaches. I am able to get off the beach, when many bigger vehicles and sometimes trucks get stuck. Not mine though. Also I did live in Minnesota all of my life and had the compass for 2 years when I lived there. I use to drive it through major snow storms, ice. I do not think I ever got stuck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts