My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new here. I have been checking around my local tire dealers for winter tires for my Compass. So far I am not having good luck. I am partial to Nokian because I have used them before on other vehicles and they are AWESOME in the snow and ice where I live. I have the 2007 sport model 4X4 so the size is 215 60 R17. My husband said that we should be able to go down to 205 60 R17 safely but I can't find those either. Any suggestions on where I can find these by Nokian or any other tire company you recommend? I want something that is going to last a good amount of time, I do switch tires for the seasons so I hope to get a few season's worth of use out of them.

I'm not real savy with auto terms so if you could use layman's terms I would greatly appreciate! :) Thank you! Oh-and I forgot to say, I am in the states, not Canada.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I went for the Nokian WR's because I didn't want to switch tires twice a year. The Compass performs great with the WR's because of the AWD. I suppose if you just had FWD or really severe weather it might be more advantageous to go for dedicated winter tires.

Nokian didn't offer a stock replacement size so I upsized. I think I've got P225/60R17 if I remember correctly. If you do change the tire size by a bit, it's not a big deal, but you should get the dealer to reprogram the speedometer/odometer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Joesbrook said:
I have the 2007 sport model 4X4 so the size is 215 60 R17. My husband said that we should be able to go down to 205 60 R17 safely but I can't find those either.

Funny size, are You sure ?
I have the 2007 Sport Base and the size for summer tires is 215/60 R17 and for the wintertime I have 215/65 R16 Hakkapeliitta 5 tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, thank you!!! I finally found someone in my area that ordered some for me, I got Hakka's 2's on sale P225/60R17 for about $170 a piece....spendy but worth it as far as I'm concerned. Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Joesbrook said:
Thank you, thank you!!! I finally found someone in my area that ordered some for me, I got Hakka's 2's on sale P225/60R17 for about $170 a piece....spendy but worth it as far as I'm concerned. Thanks again for your help!
$170 a piece... HOLY $*^# :!: :!: :!: They better be gold belted instead of steel belted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Code:
[quote]$170 a piece... HOLY $*^#    They better be gold belted instead of steel belted.
:lol: I know! I almost had to change my pants after that, but then, when I called around at some other places....over $200 a peice! I thought I got a good deal!!! I am all for bargains and such but tires, not tires, I swear by Nokians, so I guess I have to pay the price....at least I'll get 3-4 winters out of them.

Thanks for your help

Sarah[/quote]

·
Registered
656 Posts
rommel543 said:
Joesbrook said:
$170 a piece... HOLY $*^# :!: :!: :!: They better be gold belted instead of steel belted.
I think that the difference in price and performance favours going with the 16" set up. . . Much greater selection in 16" :!: What I hear is the Nokian's are the best over all for heavy snow and on ice. That's going to be my choice.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think my shock is because I'm used to having 13s for my neon. It was stolen and written off 4 years ago so we were taking the bus for the whole time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts