My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed on the really cold days that I have to turn my stereo off till it warms up a bit. The speakers make an awful sound, hard noise to describe it's like a crackle.

This morning it was extremely cold -29 C, I had to load some boxed in the back for the wife, closed the gate and started it up. The gate warning showed up in the console, tried to close it a few times but it would not latch. I grabbed a screw driver and was able to move the locking device, pull the handle to unlock it again, then tried to close it again but it still would not latch. We let it run for a few minutes (not the safest thing with exhaust fumes and all), about 5mins, and my wife was able to close it her first try. We had to drive with the windows open for a bit just to be safe.

I have also had the lag that some people are having with the acceleration till things have warmed up.

Anyone else having any issues with the cold and their Compass?

You would think that since they are made here in NA that they would do some testing in the extreme cold for the NA climate.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is anyone getting the speaker crackling?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a Canadian marketing thing Cherokee, I am not sure if they use the name North anywhere else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts