My Jeep Compass Forum banner

door hinge problem

8K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dgage246 
#1 ·
The spring loaded "stop" on the lower drivers door hinge is sliding past the roller and popping out. This prevents the door from closing until you pry it back behind the roller. has anyone else experienced this?
I gave the door a really good going over and it doesn't appear that the door was caught in the wind or anything else that might have sprung the hinge.
Here is a pic of what I'm referring to.

The arm on the right of the spring is the part that pops out past the roller and hits the door pillar.

See less See more
#2 ·
I know this is a old post but my drivers door is doing this now. The wind caught it a few days ago and the exact same thing is happening. I can't get the hinge to do it no matter how hard I open the door but if the wind catches it then the hinge will go past the stop.

#3 ·
just fixed it.. Wasn't too hard to do. the worst thing was the bottom bolts wouldn't stay in the door. I had to take the speaker out and hold them by hand while a couple of friend lined the door up. Not a lot of tolerance to get the bolts in. Took about 15 minutes of moving the door in and out, up and down and a lot of cursing and swearing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.