My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the driver's seat recliner handle on my used Jeep Compass 2008 limited was missing (I did not noticed at first because we have 2 other levers there). Dealer is ordering a new one.

Does anyone know if it's possible to lower the seat without the handle - and how to do it?

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I don't think so but maybe the dealer should be able to tell you if possible.......until you get your on that missing part.........

My 2 cents

·
Registered
381 Posts
By my drawings it looks like the seat handle attaches to the seat frame and that's where the mechanism is to raise and lower the seat. Not sure if you can do it without a handle.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
too bad :( I may drive to the dealer just to see if they can use another handle temporarily just to make it comfortable. Then they can remove it back or something.

Anyway, where did you get that drawing? Is it possible to have a copy of that manual? Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hope you find a way to fix it, maybe the dealer can order it for you? youre best bet might be to wait and check scrap yards though. Good luck and hope it works out for you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts