My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i know what type of compass i have? here is some of the info on it if it helps at all.

Exterior:
no chrome
fuel door doesnt have a switch - can be opened at any time by anyone
i have these type of rims
http://catalog.thewheelwarehouse.com/images/JE73.jpg

Interior:
Cloth yes essential fabric seats
power windows/locks
manually powered seats
single disc player
silver type plastic trim around the cd player area

Other:
Automatic
spare tire in the trunk area
2.4l engine

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm yeah, the one thing i remember the guy at the dealership saying was that this was a "step up" from the base compass so i dont know if that means anything else.

also, the vehicle has no other badging besides the standard "Jeep" decals on the hood and on the lift gate, and the compass stamp on the rear bumper

·
Registered
43 Posts
umopp said:
hmm yeah, the one thing i remember the guy at the dealership saying was that this was a "step up" from the base compass so i dont know if that means anything else.
"Base" Compass can mean different things. In Europe it means 4x4 without leather seats and this trimming and some other minor things. In US it might mean 4x2, which is not sold in EU.

On my Sport:
- fuel door (actually, fuel cap) has lock on it
- spare tire is full size (especially ordered, default is small-size spare tire)
Other things are the same as on your Compass (except I have diesel).
So it is Sport :)

PS. Patriot can be also with 2.0 gas engine in US, don't know about Compass availability with that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I work for Chrysler, so with that said - by the sounds of it, you have a compass sport.

The base model (sport) does not have power windows/locks.
The north (only available in canada) has power windows/locks, manual height adjustment on drivers seat.
In the states, as far as i know, it's the sport with optional power windows/locks, or the limited. The limited has leather etc...
Most likely you'll have the 2.4L 4 cyl engine aswell...

Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts