My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I guess you have a need for it, but I don't think I would need one in the back seat, although it would be a nice little feature I guess. So ya did it yourself eh? Gutsy!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
flybynight_x1, the pics are still on the camera. I'll post pics when I take them off.

The owner's manual advises against attaching things to the seat like a screen. Reason is that the passenger seat has occupant weight sensors, and adding things can cause unpredictable behaviour. What I think that means is that if you have too much extra weight and the airbags deploy, the passenger airbag might deploy when it's not required (i.e. it thinks there's a person sitting there).

·
Registered
172 Posts
Webmaster said:
flybynight_x1, the pics are still on the camera. I'll post pics when I take them off.

The owner's manual advises against attaching things to the seat like a screen. Reason is that the passenger seat has occupant weight sensors, and adding things can cause unpredictable behaviour. What I think that means is that if you have too much extra weight and the airbags deploy, the passenger airbag might deploy when it's not required (i.e. it thinks there's a person sitting there).

That is something to think about. I'll have to check into my options when it comes time to think about a player.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Webmaster,

I'm about to embark on this Compass theatre mission, Im just waiting on my screens. Now, i want to mount the dvd player sideways right on the inside of the unside of the dash on the passenger side. Right where your left leg would be. I need a place that is easily accesible in case i am ever driving alone with my daughter in the back. The two screens are going to go one right above the player, and one in between the two front seats, im making(welding) custom mounts for both. What do you think? Im still in the brainstorming mode right now till i get all the parts.

Cham

·
Registered
7 Posts
flybynight_x1 said:
Webmaster said:

That is something to think about. I'll have to check into my options when it comes time to think about a player.
quote me if im wrong, but i dont think anything like an lcd is heavy enough to mess with the weight sensor, i think its 30lbs, somewhere round there anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts