My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received some questions about my Compass, but I can't send PM's yet because I haven't posted enough since joining the forum. Therefore, I am posting this thread to help answer questions.

Yes, I changed my Jeep emblems and front grill trim to black. It's pretty easy to do. Everything is actually held on with 3M tape!

Jeep Emblems - You can use a flathead screwdriver to pry off the old Jeep emblems. I recommend wrapping the tip of the screwdriver in a thin cloth to help avoid scratches. After the old emblems are removed, clean off the area, and then peel and stick on new emblems.

Compass Emblems - If you want to remove the Compass emblems, you can use the same screwdriver method. Just be extra careful. I ended up with a few scratches and a small dent. And no, when the emblems are removed, there are no holes to fill in.

Front Grill Trim - There is nothing to remove since the new trim pieces are actually covers. Just clean off the existing grill trim. Then peel and stick the new pieces on top of the existing ones.

You can get everything from eBay now. At the time I was looking, eBay didn't have the rear Jeep emblems, so I just went to the Jeep dealership and ordered the rear emblem for the Trailhawk. The color is listed as gray, but it looks black to me.

Anyways, hope this helps. And thanks for all the compliments!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just to add, I believe if you use a heat gun or blow drier to gently heat up the emblems, they come off even easier... Just DON'T overheat or you could warp the panel or mess up the paint.
But Snow White is looking stellar!

·
Registered
40 Posts
1. Heat gun/ Hair dryer
2. Dental floss
3. Adhesive removal 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner, 1 Quart (US), 3M 08984, 60-4550-4586-8 | Hillas.com
4. Soft cloth or towels

Slowly heat up the name plate or sticker
Check to see if it moves? if it shifts or lifts a littler, take a piece of dental floss and get behind the emblem and slowly pull or sawing motion through adhesive backing.
you may need to heat up again to get emblems off.
Once emblem is is off, Take cleaner and add some to cloth and begin to rub off the residue from adhesive.

Once adhesive is gone, clean with a new clothe , shouldn't need to wax it but some have

Reactions: Snow White

·
Registered
211 Posts
To remove your door side compass emblems, I would suggest using clear fishing line and just saw your way down the emblem. Spraying some GooBGone along the edge to act as a lubricant than once the emblem is off just use the GooBGone to remove the remaining residue.

Reactions: Snow White
1 - 8 of 8 Posts