My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other i found myself in an interesting situation with the rav 4. I was traveling on a single lane route where the speed limit was 40 MPH and i was doing about 50 mph (lol yeah i know shame on me :) ) . Meanwhile an older Rav 4 was about 20 car lengthens behind me. The entire time this Rav 4 never got any closer to me. So as we are traveling along....the only legal passing lane on this route is approaching. Mind you this passing lane is not very long. So Genius Mr Rav 4 decides floor is car, caught all the way up to me and pass me... the problem with that was he would never make it!!! 1. there was an on coming car in the opposite direction and 2. again this passing lane isnt very long. So what do i do? i have seconds to decide.... i say "OH HELL NO!" I FLOOR the jeep! I TAKE OFF! the car traveling in the opposite direction is whaling on his horn at the rav 4 and i fly bye! So now Mr Rav 4 is up my rear. The route ends and we both take a right... now this is where karma comes in. As we both travel on this second route he's still on me. Then up the road a police officer turned onto our route in front of us.... now another passing lane comes up.... Mr Rav 4 is now stuck behind me and a police officer.... hhahahahah i had the biggest grin on my face for the next 10 mins knowing that he couldnt pass :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
lol awesome, risking lives and breaking the law by accellerating while someone else is trying to pass is cool! lololol

in all seriousness, what you did was stupid, plain and simple. there are laws in place for just that. what if the person in the rav4 had still gone for it, and caused a head on with the innocent family in that car going the other direction? guess who else would have been charged for manslaughter? you. think about that next time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I understand where your conning from, but every driver on the road knows the ability of there cars acceleration. And the toyota should of seen it from the beginning. Its obvious when a car can't pass. Its like I said, that driver can see that he couldn't pass so why try?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UH IRsmart, as i stated he -->WASNT going to make it and he was 20 cars behind me, coming up fast with a SHORT passing lane with an on coming car. So my here were my options, A) Stay at my speed allow idiot rav 4 smash into the on coming car or smash into me because there was no where to go OR B) Speed up and give idiot an option to get back in the lane and not cause an accident. Sorry if i wasnt clear enough.

·
Registered
339 Posts
sorry, the way you made it sound was something like "lol i was so much faster than the RAV4, i sped up to keep him from passing." in that case, you basically had two options: speed up like you did, or move onto the shoulder, which i don't know if you even had one.

reading > me i guess

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol no worries.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts