My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question, i have noticed most of the picture around the engine area, the engine has a cover, do all of the compasses have an engine cover???? i have 2.0 engine and it doesnt have one. i want to know if i have to go to the dealer and yell at someone lol.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I dunno...........I have the 2.4 .................but you should if you ask me..............

·
Registered
57 Posts
This sort of question is all over the Dodge Caliber forums. Sometime in 2008 they started phasing out the covers on any of the "World Engine" vehicles that had less than a 2.4L. No one knows why.

I do know that you can buy a 2.0L engine cover on the internet: http://performancedodge.stores.yahoo.net/docaenco.html

1x 2.0L Engine Cover - 4891715AB
4x Ball Mount Studs - 4891847AA

I haven't decided if I'm going to try and scavenge one or order one.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I don't open my hood in public............this is a family forum...............may you be advise you pervert !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Does this cover serve any worthwhile purpose other than looks:???: My 08 Compass didn't come with one and the dealer says that's how he got the vehicle on a trade. Closer inspection shows it don't even have the mounting studs in place. He said he could order me one but the price was way higher than the one cited here. Personally, I don't think it's a gotta have part. Seems to me with the shroud in place it would cause the heat to be held in instead of going up and away from the engine. In any case, mine don't even know it's hat is missing!:D

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you have the 2.0L engine I don't believe there is a cover. If you have the 2.4L there should be a cover but it's all just for looks. It does serve the purpose of holding all the oil that the techs spill during oil changes though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.