My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dunno: I have 2008 Compass Northern Edition coming up to 120,000 km's showing...I tend to lean on the theory " If It's Not Broke Don't Fix It ".. We've put all those miles on it right from the Showroom Floor. Being 4 yrs now and 4 Winters, Terrific Heater so nice and toasty on the coldest of days..Have never touched the Anti Freeze , the Question is should I have the System Flushed and New Anti Freeze put in this Spring ??? Just Asking, Thanks:canada:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 Compass Limited with just over 75,000 miles. Today's Extended Life Coolant is typically good for 5 years and/or 100,000 miles. So now at 6 years, I decided to drain, flush and re-fill. I found a very poor design for the location and access of the Drain Plug on the bottom of the radiator. I feel sorry for the Engineer that Designed this as he's probably un-employed now. I feel worse for anyone who tries to remove and replace it. BUT....if you do....a "seated" drain plug has it's "tab" horizontal. To remove it, turn it counter-clockwise as you pull it out. Do NOT turn more than 180 degrees. To reinstall, put some lube (vasoline) on the o-ring and orient the drain plug with the right (front) edge of the tab down to about the 3:30 to 4:00 o'clock position and the left (rear) edge of the tab up to about the 9:30 to 10:00 o'clock position. Push in and again, ONLY turn 180 degrees to the right (clock-wise) as you push in. Good Luck. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts