My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, back again :D

The past few days I've noticed my Jeep has been acting a bit funny. What happens is when I go to accelerate from coasting a bit and press my gas pedal my car "jumps/jitters", it's hard to explain. The car simply jults forward. When i'm letting off the gas, I feel like the gears take over and slow down my car because I cant coast as long as before, almost like it's dropping gears itself.

I've been trying to read up on it and the only 3 things i can think of is fuel filter, drivetrain, or transmission. I have a 2.4L/CVT if that matters. :p. I'll be taking it to the dealer sometime this week so they can take a look. I wasnt sure if temperature would be a deal but since it started it's been 95+ outside.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I have had shuddering coming to slow stops and also if pulling away at a crawl for a long time. CVT issue and I bet its you CVT as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is at all times, even when i'm going 40mph, if i coast and press the gas i get the jump/jerk feeling. I think I may try to do the fuel filter to see if that could be the issue, or I may just wait to see what the dealer says since it's still under warranty.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
This is at all times, even when i'm going 40mph, if i coast and press the gas i get the jump/jerk feeling. I think I may try to do the fuel filter to see if that could be the issue, or I may just wait to see what the dealer says since it's still under warranty.
Leave it for the dealer. Its not fuel filter issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called my dealer, and I have an appt. tomorrow morning (i ran over a bolt the other day and blew a tire, thank god for a 5year/unlimited mile road hazard warranty). My good friend at the service desk believes it could be the ECM and that it needs to be updated (explained that it could be the result of previous rough idling to). I'll update everyone asap.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I called my dealer, and I have an appt. tomorrow morning (i ran over a bolt the other day and blew a tire, thank god for a 5year/unlimited mile road hazard warranty). My good friend at the service desk believes it could be the ECM and that it needs to be updated (explained that it could be the result of previous rough idling to). I'll update everyone asap.
I doubt an update would fix it if its that noticeable now. They should have updated it when it was in last or before you got it which ever is most recent.
What year is this and miles on it?

Good luck, they'll fix it since its under warranty but whats causing it will likely show up when the put the computer on is and analyse the engine etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts