My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Has anyone experienced this?
I ran to the store and when I turned the key off it kept running. the lights and radio stayed on with the key out and the door closed. Once I got the enging to stop it was making a loud clicking sound from the fromt of the engine compartment and the dash lights were flickering.
when I restarted it and drove home the check engine light came on. THe car did the exact same thing when I got home and turned the key off. I had to disconnect the battery to make it stop.

Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Actually I believe someone else on the forum did experience something similar to this... I beleive it was somewhere in the general discussion section.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Actually I believe someone else on the forum did experience something similar to this... I beleive it was somewhere in the general discussion section.
Yep, and they seem to have come to something of a conclusion as to what the root cause was: http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1645.

Perhaps that might shed some light on your situation, also, and at least arm you with something to take to the dealership and have them investigate.

Good luck! :)

- Cherokee

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Ron.......welcome to the forum hope you'll enjoy as for you Cherokee thank you for the research.........you sound familiar.....

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
No problem Ffl, hope it helps :)........I sound familiar?

- Cherokee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts