My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had this icon come up on their dashboard? I have a 19” Jeep Compass trailhawk and today the car was driving fine but after I got home, I realized I needed to grab something from the grocery store but my car didn’t start. The brake pedal seems to be stuck. Checked the battery and voltage is at 12.4.
Did some research and it may be the electric throttle control? Anyone had this issue and know if the repair is costly or covered under warranty? I’m having it towed to the dealership tomorrow.
Car Vehicle Plant Speedometer Odometer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys hope everyone is well. 2019 jeep compass limited 65k miles. This has been happening on and off now over last 20k miles. Car struggles to start
Got a jump after it wouldn't start. Yellow check engine light comes on and red transmission warning light right after.could only get to shift in manually
Transmission temperature constantly getting higher on drive home. New battery put in.no changes. Turn off starts up ok but slow. Go back to older battery started but barely. Turned off repeat started just fine. Repeat 2x.no issues. Engine light and transmission light gone as well. No idea. Anyone else experienced these issues and tackled with success

·
Registered
97 Posts
Anyone had this icon come up on their dashboard? I have a 19” Jeep Compass trailhawk and today the car was driving fine but after I got home, I realized I needed to grab something from the grocery store but my car didn’t start. The brake pedal seems to be stuck. Checked the battery and voltage is at 12.4.
Did some research and it may be the electric throttle control? Anyone had this issue and know if the repair is costly or covered under warranty? I’m having it towed to the dealership tomorrow. View attachment 15665
so what happened to your jeep??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so what happened to your jeep??
Sorry for the late reply. The dealership did a diagnostic test and it needed a BCM update. Issues were with the starter control, circut performance - circut plausibility failure.

Codes: P141C, P141B, P26E4-64

I still had to pay $100 for the fix (covered under warranty).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts