My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, some idiot almost merged right into me today. I gassed it to get away from said idiot but accelerated more than I think I should have. Couldn't hear anything because I was cranking the tunes, but looked at dash and saw I had gunned it to 4000 rpms. NEVER do I or have I gone up that high in rpms because a fear of tranny problems, but it happened today and about a minute later my check engine light came on and has been on since and I notice a difference in the shifting during acceleration. I stopped at autozone for a scan of the code but their scanner didnt pick up anything. I know the only real way to determine the issue is to have my mechanic do a full diagnostic scan but I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone on here with some knowledge. I have always been mindful at not gunning it for this exact reason but yeah, I think I screwed up big! Help!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine has had the service engine light come on three times. Each time the Jeep went into a "safe mode" where it was low on power and shifted strange. One time it was triggered by a slightly loose battery connection and the other two times were cam sensors. I believe every time the service engine light comes on the vehicle will go into the "safe mode".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm pretty sure thats whats going on after I read up more about "limp/safe mode". Just dropped jeep off at my mechanics. Hoping it wont be too big a bill. O2 codes and intake manifold code. Will it go back to normal after issues resolved? Ty for responding to my post

·
Registered
433 Posts
Long story short, some idiot almost merged right into me today. I gassed it to get away from said idiot but accelerated more than I think I should have. Couldn't hear anything because I was cranking the tunes, but looked at dash and saw I had gunned it to 4000 rpms. NEVER do I or have I gone up that high in rpms because a fear of tranny problems, but it happened today and about a minute later my check engine light came on and has been on since and I notice a difference in the shifting during acceleration. I stopped at autozone for a scan of the code but their scanner didnt pick up anything. I know the only real way to determine the issue is to have my mechanic do a full diagnostic scan but I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone on here with some knowledge. I have always been mindful at not gunning it for this exact reason but yeah, I think I screwed up big! Help!
Hey victory42day,

I am sorry to hear about the recent experience with your Compass. I would advise you to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic trouble codes at a certified FCA dealership. A certified dealership has the proper scanning equipment, that could possibly lead to a diagnosis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts