My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought to ask one question.
Compass, that I bought, is the my first 4x4 vehicle. Its the first "made in USA" car in my life too. Before I drove just european sedans like Saab, Volvo, Ford, Fiat ect.
Question: it seems, that my new compass is very noisy. I mean, when you start the car and drive it without music on, you can HEAR quiet clearly engine noise. What do you think, is that normal for that type of vehicle or maybe generally all american cars, compairing with a european?
Its actually not so much american cars here and not so much posibilities to compare:(
Thanks beforehand:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi, Since you are in Europe also I'm guessing that you have a diesel Compass.
If so, well it 's just that the diesel engine is slightly noisy. Mine is aswell but i don't take much notice of it. Now I have to say It's not very bad at all.maybe this is your first diesel car? and it is different for you. anyway take care, bye.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Sorry you find your Jeep Compass more noisy then you expected. Not having diesel I cannot compare but I do find my Jeep is suprisingly quite.
Maybe try to arrange with your dealer to test drive another example for comparison.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Alex, is your car noisy sitting still with the motor running?

Or is it noisy only when moving? If it noisy only when moving it is probably the tires.

If it is noisy sitting still I have to beleave it is a diesel. I have had a very noisy Mercedes diesel.

В перо сильнее меча, и значительно легче писать.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts