My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got done tracking down a coolant leak on my tsat manifold. So I replaced the manifold, (it came with both tsats - tested the main one in boiling water), temp sensor (on top of the manifold), and heater core. I also performed a coolant flush with Prestone power flush.

I reattached everything and filled her up with coolant (using the Zerex G-05). I never put in the full 7.2 quarts, but I assume that was due to not all the coolant draining through the bottom of the radiator. Regardless, it's full. Anyway, I hook up my OBD to monitor the ECT temp and at idle in my garage it hits about 165 F and never goes over. The needle sits just a little over the 1/4th mark. If I keep the engine at 1.5K RPM, it will heat up to about 190, but then it cools back down.

Keep in mind I am in Ohio and it's cold, but before I did this repair, the Jeep didn't have a problem heating up like it is now.

EDIT: I'm thinking these tstats that came with this manifold are crap parts. I've ordered some Stants and we'll see if this fixes the issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks like the tsats are stuck open? I have an 07 and there are two thermostats in the housing located in different areas
Yes. The housing comes with both tsats. Weird thing is, it's not doing it anymore. I just think these tsats are crap. I have Stants to replace them if they start acting up again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts