My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Compass use the Regular 5W30 / 10W30 oils?

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the Caliber used a different Oil weight.

:?:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Webmaster said:
Thanks! Hopefully I can find that @ Walmart in Mobil 1 Full Synthetic, like I do now with the 5W30 / 10W30.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neely2005 said:
Webmaster said:
Thanks! Hopefully I can find that @ Walmart in Mobil 1 Full Synthetic, like I do now with the 5W30 / 10W30.
Anyone used this? Apparently it's a Replacement for 5W20.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/include/prod ... sp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524443298945&FOLDER<>folder_id=1408474396673428&bmUID=1187180088631

Hopefully I can find this one in Canada & in the 5 litre bottle...

http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/Motor ... 5W-20.aspx

:!:

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have not seen 0W20 in a 4/5 L bottle. I have seen the 5W20. I used to put synthetic in my truck but I got tired of paying twice as much for each oil change. I don't keep vehicles long enough to get the investment back ;-)

I just get whatever is cheaper at Canadian Tire. Quaker State / Castrol / etc. I stay away from the Motomaster crap though!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Webmaster said:
I have not seen 0W20 in a 4/5 L bottle. I have seen the 5W20. I used to put synthetic in my truck but I got tired of paying twice as much for each oil change. I don't keep vehicles long enough to get the investment back ;-)

I just get whatever is cheaper at Canadian Tire. Quaker State / Castrol / etc. I stay away from the Motomaster crap though!
I'm hoping that I can find the Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 5W20 in the 5 Litre bottle.

How much oil does the Compass take? My current car (2002 Neon) takes 4.4 Litres (with the filter in)

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Mobile 5-20 oil is a synthetic blend. The dealership Mopar oil is Mobile oil. I was told that to use pure symthetic oil would be to no advantage. So I can't see spending double for an oil change I do every 3,000 miles, which makes oil changes rather costly for me.
MotorCraft oil also has a 5-20 w as well. I still like Mobile and intend to stick with it, if I can. :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re:

farout said:
The Mobile 5-20 oil is a synthetic blend. The dealership Mopar oil is Mobile oil. I was told that to use pure symthetic oil would be to no advantage. So I can't see spending double for an oil change I do every 3,000 miles, which makes oil changes rather costly for me.
MotorCraft oil also has a 5-20 w as well. I still like Mobile and intend to stick with it, if I can. :D
My service manual says that I only need to change the oil every 10,000Km. I think the 2008's have longer oil change intervals than the 2007's.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re:

Neely2005 said:
Webmaster said:

I'm hoping that I can find the Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 5W20 in the 5 Litre bottle.

How much oil does the Compass take? My current car (2002 Neon) takes 4.4 Litres (with the filter in)

Just wanted to let you all know that Wal-Mart has Mobil 1 5W-20 Full Synthetic Oil in the 5 Litre bottle. It costs about $37.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re:

Webmaster said:
Neely2005 said:
My service manual says that I only need to change the oil every 10,000Km. I think the 2008's have longer oil change intervals than the 2007's.

Not exactly. See my previous oil change blog post:
http://www.myjeepcompass.com/blog/2006/ ... il-change/
Interesting. My 2008 manual just says to change it every 10,000Km. The seperate service manual (the one that you tear the pages out of after a service) has 10,000Km intervals too.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If they are putting synthetic in then the oil changes are longer in between.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rommel543 said:
If they are putting synthetic in then the oil changes are longer in between.
No 10,000Km is with Regular Oil. All 2008's are on a 10,000Km maintenance cycle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts