My Jeep Compass Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Im having the same issue on my 2019 jeep compass 2.4l changed out the battery and now its telling me that my start/stop is unavailable and charging but never charges. What is going on?
So sorry to hear that, GomezE1988. Have you had the chance to visit a dealer for diagnosis? If so, and you still need assistance, please send our team a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
So sorry to hear that, GomezE1988. Have you had the chance to visit a dealer for diagnosis? If so, and you still need assistance, please send our team a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I disconnected the battery and terminals and re-commected them and made sure all nuts were tight and greased and it solved my problem. Thank you for your response tho.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I disconnected the battery and terminals and re-commected them and made sure all nuts were tight and greased and it solved my problem. Thank you for your response tho.
Not a problem! Should you run into any other concerns we're just a private message away.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interesting reading, the ESS sure seems to be a polarizing part of our Gen2 Compass. Happy for the folk that like it. I do not, I really do not like it - and as someone else suggested, the user should be able to enable/disable this function in the vehicle setup menu. My solution was to purchase the Autostop Eliminator - best $99 I have spent on car accessories in quite a while. It is just a small dongle that plugs into the OBD II port and disables ESS with no warning messages or dash lights. No muss, no fuss, no ESS.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts