My Jeep Compass Forum banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts
Im having the same issue on my 2019 jeep compass 2.4l changed out the battery and now its telling me that my start/stop is unavailable and charging but never charges. What is going on?
So sorry to hear that, GomezE1988. Have you had the chance to visit a dealer for diagnosis? If so, and you still need assistance, please send our team a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

So sorry to hear that, GomezE1988. Have you had the chance to visit a dealer for diagnosis? If so, and you still need assistance, please send our team a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares
I disconnected the battery and terminals and re-commected them and made sure all nuts were tight and greased and it solved my problem. Thank you for your response tho.

I disconnected the battery and terminals and re-commected them and made sure all nuts were tight and greased and it solved my problem. Thank you for your response tho.
Not a problem! Should you run into any other concerns we're just a private message away.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Interesting reading, the ESS sure seems to be a polarizing part of our Gen2 Compass. Happy for the folk that like it. I do not, I really do not like it - and as someone else suggested, the user should be able to enable/disable this function in the vehicle setup menu. My solution was to purchase the Autostop Eliminator - best $99 I have spent on car accessories in quite a while. It is just a small dongle that plugs into the OBD II port and disables ESS with no warning messages or dash lights. No muss, no fuss, no ESS.

I noticed the start/stop warning on the console a few months after buying my 2018 Compass Trailhawk. Start/stop was not activating when expected. It went away, but in the past couple months, I saw the warning icon again, and also messages showing that the service was not available. Again the start/stop service would not activate. The warning icon appeared off and on over the next few days. Around this time, I saw a message saying that the audio system was not available, yet the sound system seemed to work fine. I finally took it to the service center at a Jeep dealer, and after a day of investigating, they replaced the main battery as well as the auxiliary battery. All is working now. Start/stop works, and the warning icon, and messages are gone.
I am curious, how much did this cost? I’m having a start stop issue and the mechanic says it must go to dealer but I don’t know if I can afford dealer prices

I am curious, how much did this cost? I’m having a start stop issue and the mechanic says it must go to dealer but I don’t know if I can afford dealer prices
Hi there! Our team recommends that if you're experiencing concerns, you get to the dealership as soon as you're able. There may be a diagnostic fee and you can discuss that directly with your technician upon arrival. If you need support while there, let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares

The service dept said they rebooted 2 different modules. Because the vehicles still under warranty I didn't sign anything when I picked it up. I could try to check and see which modules they worked on.
How many Miles did you have on your vehicle because mines said the same thing I bought it from a secondary dealership

101 - 109 of 109 Posts