My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off hi everyone, I'm new to the forums.. well my wife has a bought new 2013 compass with 18,000 miles on it last year.always ran great and still does.well last week when she would turn engine off you could hear a hard ticking sound as the engine shut off.

Almost knocking- on passinger side.sounds like top valve cover.just started doing it afew weeks ago. Not sure the deal? Runs great just a ticking/knocking sound at shut down.we did but it new last year and oil was changed regularly. . Not even driven hard or much.

Hope you guys can help us out.
thanks, shawn

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
Is it a short series of clicks, and then nothing right after the initial turn off. If so I know the exact sound, my 2012 does the same, its normal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a short series of clicks, and then nothing right after the initial turn off. If so I know the exact sound, my 2012 does the same, its normal.
tyler, yes.when jeep is turned off it clicks at the last second or so.. but it never did it before. What is that clicking? Compass runs fine and like I said only 18,000 and oil is changed regulary.the wife is worried..

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
I"m not sure exactly what it is, but it may be a relay turning on and off, but really nothing to be worried about at all, wish I could give you a more definitive answer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I"m not sure exactly what it is, but it may be a relay turning on and off, but really nothing to be worried about at all, wish I could give you a more definitive answer.
no problem, thanks for the reply. If any one else has any information let me know. Thanks, shawn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts