My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped in to a local dealer the other day to see if there were any recalls on my (somewhat recently purchased) 2007 Compass. The man said no, but there are PCM, transmission and who knows what other updates available.

OK - since I've never driven a modern Jeep I don't have a clue how to tell if I actually need the updates or not. If not, then why spend the money. If I do, then I don't mind - it's apparently part of auto ownership now. As you can image, this is all new to me - paying for updates for a vehicle and in fact, updates to begin with.

However, I digress. Has anyone ever had these updates done and if so, what are they supposed to fix? Like I said, if they are supposed to fix problems A, B and C and I'm not having those, why pay?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yes I have but no real ideal since it depends on what you current firmware version is as well. Only they can answer that and what it addresses.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
software

From what I understand, it's the OEM version of the software. The adviser said that no updates had been done.

When I asked him what the updates were supposed to fix, he had no idea.

As you can imagine, I'm NOT going back to that dealership again. I was treated like some pain in the tail customer.

I'll check again later this week at other dealerships. There are two more close to me.

I'm still interested in what others may know about these updates.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts