My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Engine Temperature Warning Light Issue

Hi all,

I drive a CRD 2011 2.2 DIESEL 2WD 136CV which I bought brand new in 2011.

I have never had any problems with the car up until recently.

Three months ago I saw the engine temperature warning light coming on and temperature gauge going all the way up to the "H" mark for 2-3sec, while driving at 120km/h on 6th gear, and after tose 2-3sec returning back to the normal position, without having even time to change speed or do anything at all - I was v. surprised and didnt react.

The same thing happened 10 days ago and today again - Driving the car at 100-120Km/h on 6th gear, ambient temperature maybe 10-12deg C, not towing anything or overlading the car...and all the sudden, engine temperature warning light comes on (temperature gauge rising to H) and 2-3 seconds after that it goes back to normal.

I have checked the coolant level, and it is OK.

Has anyone experienced similar problem or has any idea as to what the cause of the problem could be?

I would like to think, that the sensor is playing up i.e. false readings...mostly because if the engine was really overheating, then I would expect to see the light on more often and for longer periods of time.

Any advice/suggestions would be mostly apreciated :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi all,

I drive a CRD 2011 2.2 DIESEL 2WD 136CV which I bought brand new in 2011.

I have never had any problems with the car up until recently.

Three months ago I saw the engine temperature warning light coming on and temperature gauge going all the way up to the "H" mark for 2-3sec, while driving at 120km/h on 6th gear, and after tose 2-3sec returning back to the normal position, without having even time to change speed or do anything at all - I was v. surprised and didnt react.

The same thing happened 10 days ago and today again - Driving the car at 100-120Km/h on 6th gear, ambient temperature maybe 10-12deg C, not towing anything or overlading the car...and all the sudden, engine temperature warning light comes on (temperature gauge rising to H) and 2-3 seconds after that it goes back to normal.

I have checked the coolant level, and it is OK.

Has anyone experienced similar problem or has any idea as to what the cause of the problem could be?

I would like to think, that the sensor is playing up i.e. false readings...mostly because if the engine was really overheating, then I would expect to see the light on more often and for longer periods of time.

Any advice/suggestions would be mostly apreciated :)
Hey arenasj,

Have you had the vehicle scanned for stored diagnostic trouble codes at a certified FCA dealership?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts