My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

Need some advice from you about an issue I have been having with the ESP in my Jeep Compass 2008. Basically, the ESP BAS light goes on sometimes, which tells me that something with it is failing, but the car and the brakes work as normal; but sometimes it goes off, and when that happens the car automatically slows down and causes a rattle when making a turn, even when I just have to change the lane on the road.

So, I took it to my mechanic, and he stated that I needed to change a couple of parts, the actuator (4884549AD) and the clockspring (56046533AF). So, I never found the second part number, but the guys at moparpartsdeals.com told me the actual part number for the clockspring was 68003217AE, which I bought along with the actuator.

Now, my mechanic says that the clockspring is missing the board with chips/transistors I show on the attached picture, and this board has some sort of rotation sensor that is failing and that causes the car to auto slow down. Now, he will not change the clockspring for it is lacking the green board.

On top of this, after some time, the 4WD and ABS lights also started to go on.

So, my questions are:
Should I keep trusting my mechanic on this one ? If so, is that green board sold separately ? what is the name of this card ?
If not, is anyone familiar with this issue and knows what might be the root cause ?

Please advise.

Thank you very much.

Raul Eduardo

Attachments

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Don't know how it could have worked before with parts missing.

this is a dealer specialty IMO. One normally starts with the codes for these repairs. Failed clock springs are tied tightly as a safety item and often covered even after warranty because so much relies on it working including air bags.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts