My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
their might already be a thread for this, i glanced through the subjects and didn't see anything.
I got a deal on an 07 compass because the mileage was high, so maybe this is a high mileage problem....
Twice now my Electronic Throttle Control light has come on, once after driving for 5 hours and just as I pulled into an Icy driveway, the second time was again on slippery surfaces in my own parking lot after driving for 10 minutes. The manual says if you see this light get service immediately... both times were when the ESP kicked in, and once the car was shut off and turned on again there was no sign of it, the occurrences were about 3 weeks apart. I'm going in shortly for my 30 day service and obviously I'm going to mention it. just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem?
based on other posts I'll probably just need a new battery cause it's a drop in voltage causing the alarm? hopefully

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to follow up with this one, oops, the mechanic that was working on the Saturday I went wasn't to experienced and explained it poorly, but it apparently had to do with an air intake that had come loose and the engine was just sucking air in from where ever it could get it, he re attached the hose and reset the sensor, and it hasn't happened since so that must have been it? just something about the way he explained it that didn't make much sense at the time, like even he thought it was completely unrelated. It's been a month now though and I have had no other issues with the Electronic Throttle Control

·
Registered
169 Posts
Its possible that the engine was sucking in dirty air and was having trouble burning all of the fuel. That might set off that warning light, but im not sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts