My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can take off the catalytic converter on a 2014 compass I didn't see any sensors before or after

·
Registered
56 Posts
It can be removed. Although on the 2.0 and 2.4 engine, it is part of the exhaust manifold. To replace, you will have to remove that entire section.

·
Registered
50 Posts
why do you need to remove the cat? the engine is designed around the emissions and messing with them can degrade the performance, and come inspection time it may not pass, and you'll have to put everything back on you took off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You would need to fabricate or find a custom exhaust manifold with out a cat. The rear o2 will probably give you a check engine light, or you could try and search for a rear o2 Emulator sensor. I think there might be some performance gain if you upgrade the entire exhaust as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for the info I didn't see a rear o2sensor @DEF1ANT couldn't u just cut it off and wield on a short pipe instead
check with some high performance shop before you cut, they tell you what will and will not work.
you could put in a high performance cat, and it will achieve your goals., and not mess with your fuel/air mixture problems.

check you tube , here's one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts