My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in Canada have Extended warranty. I had a look on Jeeps website. It says there is 100k warranty on 2010 Jeep due to high reliability records. I would not agree from what I am hearing myself.

Cost and what additional coverage it gives you over the existing warranty?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I bought the x-tended warrantee . . . dealer's love it, it means you will be back for repairs, and they can look and fix things while getting paid full pop by the warrantee.
At the same time you can pay some routine maintenance at dealer prices, (they gave me a fidelity card, with a $50 discount for 6 visits which offsets the high per hour rates they charge)
Twice this year they did front end work replacing pieces no charge to me.
The plus is they know their vehicles and what is going wrong on a regular basis, when you tell them a noise, chances are they know what it is already.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far I have a quote for one dealer offering less than retail of $1838 for the 5/100k upgrade. Other have quoted retail price which seem high since the powertrain was already covered. I am in the early stages and will have to determine the worth of putting out over $15xx.00 plus HST to cover suspension and other possible failure points.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone have the Gold Plan Warranty? I got this when I purchased my Compass, it's a 6 year/120 000kms full coverage plan, road side assistance, covered rentals (no deductibles) etc........

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got a 2010 Jeep compass with 4000 miles. My extended warranty is 6/100k for $1200 with $100 deductible. I think it was a good deal. What do you guys think of the deductible? I'm kind of thinking of going back to the dealer to haggle for a $0 dollar deductible and maybe less miles on the warranty. I really doubt I'll have the car for 6 years. And ever get near to 100k. Oh and the warranty is from Easy Care and got the Total Care package which is the best one equal to bumper to bumper.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 09 Compass Limited 4x4 warranty is coming to a end this year an I've been checking out a few companies. So far CARCHEX which is endorsed by Motor Trend Magazine quoted 6 YR 100,000 mi with a $100.00 deductible for $2063.00. Not too bad. Another one called Vehicle Protection Center quoted $2593.00 for the same plan. A bit too high for my blood. Still going to look around at other places.
Is any one doing the same looking for that extended warranty?

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
A few months back, even after my factory warranty had run out, I bought the Chrysler MaxCare lifetime warranty for my truck, $1246.00 interest free payments for two years, direct through Chrysler. Best warranty money can buy, IMO, check it out here: Chrysler Service Contracts.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
61 Posts
Warranty Plan 425

Hi,

I have plan 425 (5yr/100,000kms), Warranty was purchased new with Jeep and it was around $1300 Cdn.

For me personally, after replacing ball joints, wheel bearings in my Ford Escape, it was worth it.

Also because of the suspension problems in the Compass/Patriot past, one repair is worth it.

"G"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts