My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone got the extended warranty from Chrysler. I'm still debating it. For 5 year/100,000, the cost is $2,200 with free oil changes and tire rotations for five years, or $1,600 without the oil changs and tire rotations.

Any thoughts? Is it worth it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I picked up the extended warranty for 5 years. $1255.00.
The dealer gave a $300 rebate on this. Something about them having a deal for the month and because they are a 5 star dealer. The sales guy gave me the 5 years of oil changes to get the sale, I should have asked for tire rotation too :wink:

As for your question if it is worth it, I have 5 years of car payments and I don't need any suprise extra cost after 3 years so I went for it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I decided against the warranty because:
1) The powertrain warranty is 5 years
2) I generally do my own oil changes
3) If there are serious problems with my Compass within 3 years, I'll likely sell it before the warranty runs out.

I've bought one other new vehicle and didn't get the extended warranty with that either. I kept that truck for 6 or 7 years and never had any major problems. I was glad I didn't get the extra warranty.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I went for the FULL warranty. In my mind, buying a 20 dollar 'gadget' without warranty is ok. If it breaks, I'm only out $20. With my Compass, I can't afford to mess with it, so wanna be covered as much as I can be! Let's just hope that I never need it :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts