My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced what I'm about to explain - not looking for a fix, just curious.
Last week I started my Compass from my office with my remote start (duh!). I had some bags with me so I opened up one of the back doors first. As I was putting my bags in, I noticed that I heard blower fan noise - lots of it - and I saw that the rear defrost was on. I got my bags in, shut the door, and as soon as I opened the driver's door, it all shut off. I didn't have ANYTHING turned on from when I had previously shut the vehicle off. The fan was set to off!
I tried this whole scenario again the next day and the fan didn't turn on at all. Like I said, it's no big deal, but has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
339 Posts
the air conditioning system analyzes the environment when you remote start the car. if it thinks it is "cold" out (i forget what the temp requirement is for "cold"), it will turn on the rear defroster and blast the front defroster on hot. it is trying to dethaw your car for you. if it's "hot" out, it blasts the air conditioner to cool down the car.

if you open any door EXCEPT the drivers door, it will continue this behavior. as soon as you open the driver's door, however, the climate controls revert to whatever you have them set to (which was OFF in your case). you normally don't notice this behavior because you, as the driver, rarely open a door other than the driver's door first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts