My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gee, the "General Topics" forum sure has a lot of Jeep / Compass threads. I'm going to make sure that changes right now :D

What's your favorite food? Mine is pasta. Preferably cheese ravioli with rose sauce, or penne with alfredo sauce.

·
Registered
656 Posts
You cannot be serious . . . anyway mark me down for Grilled Octopus.
Yumm.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll have a heaping plateful of extra crispy, cajun flavored, jumbo chicken wings, and a pitcher of cold beer to wash them down.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Well, I thought that was the purpose of this site, he he, but indeed it does make interesting reading, I will have a good surf and turf, if not, well anything Italian will work. I love cuisine from other countries. Went to a great Indian restaurant in Metaire (just outside New Orleans) recently. Fabulous! Almost forgot, BBQ and soul food.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had the Baconator a few times. Damn it's good. But that's not the kind of burger you can have anyday :)

I also really like ribs from Tony Romas. MMMMMM....

·
Registered
656 Posts
Wendy’s is my favourite fast food for burgers hands down but these days trying to go more healthy, things like Shish-Taouk & hummus. We have a chain in Montreal called Amir’s who have a great Lebanese fast food menu.

Tony Roma’s for ribs, mmmm, great choice! I think they had a great brick of onion rings too. Miss them. We used to have them but gone from here now. Still enjoy them when I can.

I have to add LOBSTER - North Atlantic Maritime Lobster, and not those 1-1/4 babies on the 2 for specials, 2lbs or bigger, 3lbs great to share, cooked any which way, hot or cold, but first choice is right from the steamer . . . Yummm, too bad they are so costly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Beef...medium rare closer to rare! Throw a rope around it, drag it to the table, I'll hack a hunk off and ride the rest home. Guess I'm not going to get any Christmas cards from the Vegetarians :wink:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thats an easy one. Maryland blue crab. There is no crab like ours, nothing can compare. :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
Dirtball said:
Thats an easy one. Maryland blue crab. There is no crab like ours, nothing can compare. :D
- Except maybe their Virginia Beach Cousins . . . I had the pleasure of their aquaintence soft shell a couple of summers ago, maybe they compare. THEY WERE GREAT.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i2canoe said:
Dirtball said:
- Except maybe their Virginia Beach Cousins . . . I had the pleasure of their aquaintence soft shell a couple of summers ago, maybe they compare. THEY WERE GREAT.
Hell no! soft shell crabs are horrible! Steam me up some blue crab and let me pick away!!! :mrgreen:

Now, a close 2nd would prolly have to be the Alaskan snow crab, those are good to. ;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Dirtball said:
Dirtball said:
Thats an easy one. Maryland blue crab. There is no crab like ours, nothing can compare.
Now, a close 2nd would prolly have to be the Alaskan snow crab, those are good to. ;)
UNTIL YOU'VE HAD A 2 POUND ATLANTIC LOBSTER! :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
fresh Alaskan salmon (such as King) ... fresh Alaskan moose is also pretty tasty. Fresh Alaskan halibut too.

notice a theme here? hehhehehe ...

We've been fortunate enough to have had all of the above ... courtesy of our son. Except for the halibut ... he and I caught that together (125 lbs of fish!).

·
Registered
44 Posts
i2canoe said:
Dirtball said:
Dirtball said:
Thats an easy one. Maryland blue crab. There is no crab like ours, nothing can compare.
UNTIL YOU'VE HAD A 2 POUND ATLANTIC LOBSTER! :wink: :wink:
whoa whoa whoa! :wink: If you want to talk about lobster, then yes, I agree. But crabs and lobster are 2 different foods. So when it comes to crabs, maryland blue crab, Lobster, I will agree with the atlantic.

·
Registered
204 Posts
kwc said:
fresh Alaskan salmon (such as King) ... fresh Alaskan moose is also pretty tasty. Fresh Alaskan halibut too.

We've been fortunate enough to have had all of the above ... courtesy of our son. Except for the halibut ... he and I caught that together (125 lbs of fish!).
Try going samon fishing in the Yukon or Alaska. That's almost scary. I had a guy drag a 110 lb salmon out beside me (after what seemed to me a good battle). Afterward his wife walked up, looked it and said 'Small one'. I looked at my rod with 50lb test on it and almost crapped myself. No wonder my line kept breaking. :|

·
Registered
80 Posts
rommel543 said:
kwc said:

Try going samon fishing in the Yukon or Alaska. That's almost scary. I had a guy drag a 110 lb salmon out beside me (after what seemed to me a good battle). Afterward his wife walked up, looked it and said 'Small one'. I looked at my rod with 50lb test on it and almost crapped myself. No wonder my line kept breaking. :|
My son goes dip netting in the Chitina River ... did very well this past year!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts