My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone swaped out there front bumper cover to a FDII it just looks so much nicer and works way better I keep hitting mine in the back roads where I live right now if so send me where u got it or a parnt number if u know

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
There is a listing on the mopar parts catalog, but it doesn't specify which is the FDII part, here are the 2 part numbers though, would have to confirm before buying which is the FDII part.

68109863AA

68109862AA

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
Are you going to take it off again for the tow hooks, I know on my FDII we had to take the tow hooks off when we put the winch bumper on, but my bumper cover was off already.

Looks like you are running Grabber AT2 tires, what size are you still running the 18" limited rims (I think you have a limited)

·
Registered
25 Posts
need tow hooks now

Im keeping my ear to the ground for used towhooks. All the local junk yards have no off road mk's that I can ravage. The lower fascia was only attached by plastic push clips and the 6 rivets I mentioned. Now that ive replaced the rivets with locking nut/bolt combo, the tow hook install should go much easier.
Good eye on the tires I went to a 16" option aftermarket rim, and the tires are 225/70 r16. They are great on the highway aswell as the MUD. I sold off my 18's because there were no decent offroad options that gave me enough sidewall.

·
Registered
55 Posts
^^^ +1

Great idea I was thinking of that

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
Over on a different forum, someone found a compass with 18" aftermarket rims running 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grappler Tires. I used to run a set of 18's but only for summer, i'm curious to know if the person was running spacers or rims with a zero offset.

Lifted Compass Spotted - NJ - JeepForum.com

moparpartsonline.com

If you goto the repair parts section and select 2011 or up compass, and goto the body hardware and then front grille, you can select the lower bumper cover with tow hooks (that's the one you need) for some reason though it doesn't list the part number.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Over on a different forum, someone found a compass with 18" aftermarket rims running 255/60/18 Nitto Terra Grappler Tires. I used to run a set of 18's but only for summer, i'm curious to know if the person was running spacers or rims with a zero offset.

Lifted Compass Spotted - NJ - JeepForum.com

moparpartsonline.com

If you goto the repair parts section and select 2011 or up compass, and goto the body hardware and then front grille, you can select the lower bumper cover with tow hooks (that's the one you need) for some reason though it doesn't list the part number.
Whats wrong with other manufacturers (other than mopar) I found another Co. selling this replacements bumper covers - it have same quality right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whats wrong with other manufacturers (other than mopar) I found another Co. selling this replacements bumper covers - it have same quality right?
My guess would be overseas knock-offs, that probably are thinner and wont line up properly as the original Mopar unit, but with out a link it would be hard to tell.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mopar parts number is (68109862-AA FASCIA 23-034-007) from the dealership the tottal price tax included was 181.70 CAD

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure, they both are definite knock-offs but state they are based off the OEM designs.

Personally I would check out the return policies of both sites if you are going to try to source it from there. If it doesnt fit properly return it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Front HOOK KIT, Tow Hook. Tow - Front. Install Time 0.6 hrs.
Stock Code 82212577

Rear HOOK. Tow. .
Stock Code 05115270AB ; 05115270AA

·
Registered
42 Posts
ok People i found the front bumper off mopar website with info and a contact number to verify the part its alittle expensive but hey its mopar quaity so u get what u pay for

68109862AA. Mopar. FASCIA. Front Lower. Fascia, Front, Compass.
Thanks. $86 looks like a good price, until I saw the $225 shipping!
Found it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Chrysler-68109862AA-Bumper-Fascia/dp/B00FZQKC9S/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1414081461&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=68109862AA

$109.04 with free shipping!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I lmow was thinking the same thing till I saw shipping im looking at the link off amazon u gave when u get it tell us how it looks and works

1 - 20 of 39 Posts