My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got a price from the local Jeep dealer for the 68109862AA facia. Their quote indicated there was also a $100 core charge. What's with that? These are "rebuilt" from Mopar??? I was unsure if sending back a FD1 facia for the FD2 that I buy would be an issue, but I did not pursue it. I ordered the Amazon one, free shipping with no mention of a core charge. Should be here early next week. I did pick up the 82212577 tow hooks from the dealer (buddy's an employee $$). They checked the part number and said they will fit my '14 Compass.:)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I got a price from the local Jeep dealer for the 68109862AA facia. Their quote indicated there was also a $100 core charge. What's with that? These are "rebuilt" from Mopar??? I was unsure if sending back a FD1 facia for the FD2 that I buy would be an issue, but I did not pursue it. I ordered the Amazon one, free shipping with no mention of a core charge. Should be here early next week. I did pick up the 82212577 tow hooks for the dealer (buddy's an employee $$). They checked the part number and said they will fit my '14 Compass.:)
Hell ya make sure u send pics on this fourm for everyone and ur be a god to us all for this lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Install done. Not a job for everyone if you want hooks too...

I installed the 82212577 front hook kit, without too much trouble. I also installed an extra "high" note horn (the stock one is a "low") - it now sounds MUCH better. I then went to put on the 68109862AA facia. Big problem! The hook kit has the hooks "pointing" out. The facia holes didn't line up and I finally figured that this facia requires the hooks to point IN! You can't just swap the hooks left to right, since each is different due the frame rails. I tried swapping the back spacers (drivers side is the longer one - like the back bolt), no luck because the middle nut holder would then not line up. Major back and forth, in and out, head scratching, give up, tear it back apart work... I was committed. I took the jump and cut the tow hooks with my cut-off saw right behind the front bracket, swapped the two hooks and welded 'em back up. It took a few tries because the angles are funky. I have a good MIG welder and fab skills, but this job was pretty taxing...

After SEVEN hours, it is done. I think it looks OK too.

If you just want the facia, it fits just fine and looks great but it would leave huge holes for the missing hooks. I had tried to find Compass specific hooks, but everyplace said the "Patriot" ones are "IT". Even the dealer(!) This FDII facia requires the hooks point "IN" due to the location of the opening. If you just wanted to put the hooks in w/out swapping the facia, you could just cut out the stock FD1 facia and it may be fine. If someone reading this HAS a FDII with hooks already, I'd sure like to see a close up. Do they point IN or OUT?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts

They face inwards on a factory FDII, this was the best pic I had, when I was installing my RRO winch bumper.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep. Thanks. That looks right. The kit (for a Patriot) points them OUT. There was NO way I could get them installed, pointed IN. Hence the cut/reweld. I'm OK with the final result, but not the process. I sure wish I could've come up with the correct Compass specific kit. Maybe the parts books show all the individual parts, correctly. Oh well.:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
So...I noticed that the one thing missing from this thread is that there is no link to the Amazon page:dealer that sells the FDII facia. Does anybody have this link? I wanna order it but in not sure if the Jeep Dealership here in Germany can order MOPAR parts. So an Amazon link would be great. Also, Id rather not search for myself on Amazon since I don't wanna order the cheap quality/knock off version of the FDII facia...

·
Registered
42 Posts
So...I noticed that the one thing missing from this thread is that there is no link to the Amazon page:dealer that sells the FDII facia. Does anybody have this link? I wanna order it but in not sure if the Jeep Dealership here in Germany can order MOPAR parts. So an Amazon link would be great. Also, Id rather not search for myself on Amazon since I don't wanna order the cheap quality/knock off version of the FDII facia...
There's no picture, but this should be it:

Amazon.com: Genuine Chrysler 68109862AA Bumper Fascia, Front, Lower: Automotive

·
Registered
40 Posts
Finally got my FDII Fasica in and on. Ended up ordering it from a local Jeep Dealership. Took only two days to come in and cost 105 Euro! Looks great! Now I just need tow hooks/winch kit. Only a thirty min install!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
glad u was able to find a good dealership that was able to get it for out here in Germany Alex they shipped my jeep today while im outprossing cant wait for Alaska

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
I'm also interested to see the custom roof rails, I'd love a roof basket but I haven't come across any that fit the compass

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
ya I know what u mean I was hoping RRO was going to have one for 2011+ by now so im thinking about building my own basket here soon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did anyone ever buy the correct tow hooks for the Compass FD2 to put on the FD1 and were able to install in a trouble free manner. If so what is the correct part number?

gstrom99 said he was given part # 82212577 and they did not work with his FD2 fascia. He had to cut them and reweld for them to face inwards and fit properly.

My dealer gave me the same part number 82212577 when I asked about tow hooks to convert my front fascia from FD1 to FD2. Am I missing something here? Or is there some mounting hardware that makes it work properly with the FD2 fascia?

Thanks

21 - 39 of 39 Posts