My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be picking up my new 2019 compass Thursday and wondering how the black fender flares come of and is it painted under them the car is silver and I don't care for the flares the one I traded in didn't have them.

·
Registered
927 Posts
19Limited is right, those are not intended to be taken off, the second-gens all come with them they are not some kind of extra accessory tacked on, its part of the body design.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I thought it would be easy. I can't figure out why they put these on the less expensive models when it would cost more to add them rather then just paint.?

·
Registered
927 Posts
This is one of the first cars I've seen where that plastic is an integral part of the design (vs an add-on), but I was just thrilled to see it because that plastic protects the part of the car that ALWAYS rusts first. Its a rust and corrosion preventative and its more than welcome on my car. You are the first person I've heard of to take issue with it, I think its pretty stylish.

There are more than enough places where they cut corners and costs on this car (you are going to start discovering those soon enough once you get yours, something for you to look forward to), I'm happy that this is not an area where they cheaped out because I have to drive through lots of road salt and brine with can eat through a rocker or fender lip in as little as two years around here.

If you traded in a first-gen Compass you should realize that the 2nd-gen is a whole new car, you are not getting a product that is anything like your old car (and the consensus here is that fact is a good thing).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your input, everyone has they're own opinion on looks. my 2017 compass, not first gen. has no black rubber trim and I like it that way. to me it all depends on the color of the car black or any dark color wouldn't be too bad. just my opinion

·
Registered
248 Posts
This is one of the first cars I've seen where that plastic is an integral part of the design (vs an add-on), .

its been going on for a while
sometimes the plastic is painted, and you never know it
the liberty had plastic fender flairs, some models where painted, some were not

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I must say I got it and I like it, form some reason I kept picturing the bolt on fender flairs and that's not what it has.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts